Thursday, November 29, 2012

monitoring #2

I think it was a good appt., since we started everything a day later because AF showed so late, it is hard to tell compared to past cycles.   I couldn't see the screen but my lining was a 6.2, so a pretty good jump from Tuesday, but AF has also stopped, so that is probably why.  I've got about 5 follicles on each side, with the biggest still at an 11.  They'll check to see if my estrogen is rising and then go from there, but I don't think I'll be starting Ganirelix yet.  I'm actually wondering if the 11mm follie last time is actually a cyst.   My E2 was about 55.10 on Tuesday.  I'm actually hoping it hasn't made a big increase, because the lower my E2 with a 6.2 lining, the better chance I've got of an improved result by trigger.

ETA: I looked at my FF charts because it is a better visual and I *think* I am actually in a much, much better place than last cycle.  Monitoring #2 was a Wednesday last time, on cd8 after 6 days of stims and 4 days after AF my lining was only 4.8 at best with a 10mm.  Today, on cd 7, also after 6 days of stims, and only 2 days after AF stopped, I'm at 6.2.  I don't know if this is because I wasn't suppressed so I started with a thicker pre-AF lining (7.4) or if something I'm doing is actually working, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I did go back to my acupuncturist last night, and I think I will stick with her through this cycle.  She took time to listen to all the natural stuff I've been trying and seemed supportive of it.  She also suggested adding in indirect moxibustion, which I can do at home with a moxa stick, and thought that uterine massage was a great idea, so I'll try to set up an appointment for that today.

*****
So......my E2 dropped.  It is now 50.  The nurse didn't seem concerned and my instructions are to go up to 100 of Follistim,which was my dose last cycle.  I'm sure there is a downside here, but right now I'm pretty freaking happy that I've got a lining of 6.2 with only an E2 of 50.  Everything crossed that it goes up nicely along with E2.

2 comments:

  1. 11mm is great!
    What other natural stuff are you trying? Wondering if I should try something too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11mm was the follie, 6.2 was my lining. I'm eating estrogen rich foods (spinach, kale, green peppers, etc) avoiding supposed estrogen blockers like onions and cutting out processed sugar. I'm drinking red raspberry leaf tea and taking the capsules as well to strengthen and tone my uterus.

    ReplyDelete