Friday, November 16, 2012

9dpt

9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

Or not.  Still negative and I'm unofficially calling it.  BFN.  I'm okay today, as I've pretty much known this for 2 days now.   Wednesday was hard.  C has woken up early (and screaming) for 2 mornings in a row, so I've checked on him and then tested while waiting for him to settle back down.  Yesterday I crawled back in bed and just started crying.  R hugged me and said we'll get through this.   Later that day as he was hugging C he said that if he is our only child, we are still pretty damn lucky and he is right.    I stood in the same spot in our yard that I stood and broke down the Mother's Day after my chemical pregnancy, but instead of crying, I was laughing at a little boy taking giant steps in an attempt to squash as many leaves as possible.  I am lucky, and happy, but this is still really hard.

I think the hardest part in all of this is knowing that a perfectly healthy looking embryo was placed inside me, and sometime, probably shortly thereafter, it died.  My body killed it.   So I do okay until I look at this picture, and then I feel horrible.

 
I don't really know what to do with this picture.  I don't want to throw it out like it means nothing, but at the same time it serves no purpose anymore than a sad memory.  I guess I'll just tuck it away somewhere and pray I won't be adding any more to the pile.

1 comment: