Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Double ouch.

I realized tonight that I've been drawing up and injecting my PIO with the wrong needles.   The syringes come with one needle that can twist off and be replaced with another gauge needle.  I was wondering why it was so freaking hard to draw up the PIO this time around.  Yeah...I was using the 22 gauge needle to draw it up and injecting myself with an 18 gauge needle.  My poor butt is so sore.

I finally started to feel better today.  Time does make you forget some pain, but I can't say this wait period or whatever you call it was any easier than after an actual ER.  Aside from no bumbling anesthesiologist (who is still working there BTW, I saw him last week) jabbing needles in my hands, I'd say it was about the same.

Less than 24hrs until transfer and then the testing countdown begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment