Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

So as I mentioned before we hosted Thanksgiving dinner.  It was a small crowd, just us, my parents, one sister and the ILs.  I figured it would easy and low key....what foreign planet I was residing on I'm not sure.   After a half frozen turkey at cook time, odd looking stringy potatoes, a head on collision with a table on C's part, everything turned out okay, but WHY I think hosting it is easier I do not know.  Something I always forget when planning time rolls around.

So on to the fun stuff. One of my best friends went into labor around 3am!!!   Yes, she was a sane person and didn't clue us all in until things were well underway around noon.   Around 3pm or so she texted me and said the epi was in place and they'd been able to get some sleep, and then a few hours later I'm getting a text from another friend about her (mom to be) BIL's blowing up facebook with the announcement!!   Yeah, they didn't even get to have the honor themselves, but maybe that was their choice.  After C, there are 2 boys within our friend group, and now we have the first little girl!!  Haven't seen pictures yet, but I am so very excited.  New mom texted me recently and said they'd enjoyed some T-day leftovers as a family of three!   I'm hoping to fit in a visit tomorrow, but I have to admit, this is the first birth since C was born (5th among friends) that I really haven't felt that pang of want/loss of a normal birth and recovery.   That is a good thing of course, and I am very glad I'm there.   No matter what the outcome in the future, this is a healing step forward, and for that I am thankful and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment