Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WTF.

Nothing related to TTC, but I'm going to vent here nonetheless.   I got a message from one of my best friends for over 15 years today letting me know that she was moving...in less than 2 months....to DALLAS.  A freaking text message.   I guess I shouldn't be shocked, this isn't the first time she has handled things like this to avoid dealing with feelings/emotion, but it still ticked me off.  I understand her not saying anything before, because our husbands work for the same company.  Same reason I haven't told her we are cycling again so fast because R may switch jobs in January.  But we aren't moving halfway across the country.  I can't stand it when people can't take the time to make an actual phone call.  As tempted as I was to text her back and tell her that was a sucky move, I can see the irony in that so I just replied with a quick congrats.  Not the information I'd normally choose to receive in the middle of the grocery store.  Still haven't really processed this.  God I wish I could drink.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty crappy way to tell a close friend. Good for you for not going off but maybe she needs to hear how it's upset you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not cool of her at all. I'm sure that wasn't easy to take unexpectedly and in such an inappropriate method of telling you. Sorry this happened, especially while you're cycling.

    ReplyDelete