Friday, December 28, 2012

Beta #2

978!!  More than doubled so I am very happy.   The 2nd beta is always so much harder than the first if you've had a positive test at home because it HAS to be over a certain number to really be good.   At least they called by about 1pm again so I didn't have to wait for hours.   My progesterone was 51 and they also checked my TSH levels which were 2.3.  All normal and looking good.  Beta #3 will be Monday

Still haven't decided when we will tell our parents.  I was thinking of telling mine next week but for some reason the whole after Christmas recovery and clean up period has me feeling kind of blah about it.  Not that I'm not excited to tell them, I think I'm just starting to appreciate no questions and not having anyone I NEED to update about anything.   So far I think I've kept people from suspecting anything, though the one couple we did tell totally noticed I wasn't drinking despite my efforts have an alcoholic looking fruity drink on hand.  So Christmas Eve and Day I tried a different approach.  I carried a glass of wine around and fake sipped from it, emptying it into the sink when no one was looking.   New Years Eve will be a little tougher, but since we'll probably be bringing C to my friends house and making an earlier evening of it, I'm pretty sure there will be enough people there that no one will notice how quickly my glass is going down.

1 comment: