Sunday, December 2, 2012

#4

Important stuff first.  Lining was 7.19.  I guess it is good that it was holding steady, but I was hoping for a little growth.  My follicles are starting to grow now, with the biggest at 14, so I am starting Ganirelix tonight.  Hopefully that wont stunt the lining growth. 

On to random tidbits.  The office was packed today.  As in, at least 5 couples in the main waiting room, plus 5 or more in the lab waiting room and in exam rooms.   I was supposed to show up between 8:30 and 9, and after arriving right at 8:30, I got out of there at 9:50.  I'm not sure what everyone else was there for....no wristbands or Drs with hair nets so it wasn't a retrieval day and they don't schedule normal FETs on a weekend so my guess is IUIs.  It had to be something big, because one girl kept wiping her eyes and another looked like she was about to have an anxiety attack.   I did see someone I knew, so we killed about a half an hour chatting.  I'd thought she was cycling with the other clinic, but turns she just usually goes to the downstate office.   She is on a fresh cycle TTC #2 after one miscarriage after her first FET and then a failed FET this summer while cycling with another friend of ours who did get pregnant.

They had me go ahead and start OTC Vitamin D supplements, because it can't hurt.   I think they sent out my bloodwork today, but the tech had a hell of a time getting enough blood out of the vein.  Then the needle came out while the tourniquet was still on and boy did the blood start coming out then!  It looks okay now but I thought it would be a huge bruise.  They said they'd spin down what they got and try to extract enough out for both tests, otherwise they'll do it again on Tuesday when I go back in.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh! I'm getting nauseous reading about the blood. That's great your follies are growing.

    ReplyDelete