Thursday, November 12, 2009

Well I feel awful

So on one of the boards I frequent, the topic of finding old ex-bfs (and seeing how poorly they've aged)on facebook came up. So I decided to look up this one guy I dated in college. He was a total player and to this day I am sure he cheated on me toward the end of our relationship. Last I'd talked to him was shortly before my wedding, he had already been married a year. So when I saw a completely different wife on FB, I smugly assumed he cheated on the first one and remarried in all of a year and a half. So I googled his first wife to see if I was right. That is when I found her pregnancy blog...the final entry written by her sister, notifying everyone of her and her infant daughter's passing. She died 6 months pregnant from a blood clot in the summer of 2008.

Obviously this has nothing at all to do with me, we barely kept in touch after we graduated. I remember after we broke up, wishing that someone would do to him what he did to me, i.e. insufferable heartbreak (back then I thought my heart was broken). This wasn't what I had in mind when I wished he'd be left by the love of his life one day. I would never wish this kind of pain on anyone.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I certainly did see that one coming! So awful! :-(

    On that note, I've determined that Facebook is evil in so many ways...

    ReplyDelete