Saturday, November 21, 2009

BFN, so protocol for next cycle

So I tested this morning and got a BFN. I don't know why I let myself think I even had a chance. Yeah, I'm not out until AF shows, but she should be here tomorrow or Monday, unless my body pulls a nasty trick and gives me a 16 day LP, like last march. I guess I did a decent job of not getting my hopes up though. I felt absolutely nothing, just blank, when I stared at that stark white spot where the second line should be.

So I had my P4 b/w and my consult for next cycle on Wednesday. My progesterone was good on its own, about 14, so at least I have no issues there. I had talked to my RE a week ago and explained that I wasn't ready to move to a full injectable cycle. The nurse had previously given me the impression that I could try alternatives to Clomid, such as Femara. Unluckily, my RE said that their practice has chosen to stop using Femara because of the association with birth defects. She said that I could try Tomoxifen, but they don't use it as often and the results aren't as high.
After re-expressing concerns about costs and increased monitoring for injectables, she suggested I try 25mg of Clomid cd 3-7 (instead of 5-9) and they will give me a free sample of Bravelle, which I will take as a booster shot on cd10. This should help give my lining a chance to thicken up before trigger.

So that is where we are, waiting for AF. And that is something else that is messing with my head. I have no pre-AF symptoms....no intestinal trouble, no stabbing pains (well, there was one moment at 7dpo where I stood up and felt like I'd been struck across the stomach with a bat), basically nothing that tells me she is coming. I assume these horrid symptoms were "cured" by the removal of the endo, but I have to wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment