Thursday, October 7, 2010

Started the Ganirelix

So I am now giving myself 3 (sometimes 4 when I have to switch Follistim cartridges) shots a night now.  I figure it will all be pretty much downhill from here as far as comfort level goes.  The shots themselves don't hurt much more than the Bravelle unless I hit a vein, in which case it burns immediately and I find a new spot.  I've come to realize though, that all 3 burn like bitch for 20-some minutes after, and I know at least the HCG and Follistim hurt even worse if the injection sites are close together.  So I am injecting one shot each on the left and right of my belly button, and the HCG below it, in hopes of spreading out the pain. 

General discomfort has really started too.  I don't eat much in one sitting because my belly area feels full at all times, so I only eat enough to not be hungry and I try to eat small snacks throughout the day so I'm not depriving myself of needed nutrition.  If I walk to quickly or move around too much my ovaries start whining in protest.  It sort of feels like ovulation pains, not quite as sharp, but the persistence makes it just as bad.  Remember those commercials with the talking stain?  It's kind of like that, only inside my head.  I'll be in the office trying to talk to a vendor all I get is "blah, blah blah, blah...you wish you could focus on the convo, but all you can think about is meeee!" from my ovaries.   I really, really hope I can trigger by Tuesday, because I don't know how I'll make it through another whole week of this.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling uncomfortable. I went through that too. But I hope it means your follies are growing nice and big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with ^Lauren^, and hope that the discomfort means only good things to come.

    ReplyDelete