Monday, October 11, 2010

almost there, check #6

I was with one of the nurses I really like this morning, so I told her the mixed responses I had over the weekend and she said she'd see if she could really give a better idea of where we are.  My lining looks good, I didn't see the number, but I could see it looked better on the screen.  My left ovary looks huge, I'm still amazed I feel mostly okay.  The biggest follie was 17x20, and the right ovary had a 17 too.  Of course it will depend on my b/w results, but the nurse said I'd trigger Wednesday at the very latest, most likely tomorrow and a very slight chance of tonight if my E2 has shot up too high.  I did ask about how many follicles looked mature enough to get an egg, and she said today there would be between 15-20.  I have 12 on the left and 9 on the right.  I'd guess all 9 on the right will be mature enough, and 2 or 3 on the left that won't make the cut off by tomorrow.

I have learned the hard way that diet really matters during stims.  I figured it would, so I've basically stuck to Phase 1 & 2 of the South Beach diet so far (mostly phase 1).  This past weekend I had a 30th birthday party, a baby shower and then ended up getting stuck going out to eat while shopping with a friend.  I've gained 4lbs of bloat since yesterday morning, so I will not be eating french fries again any time soon.

***********
My E2 is up to 2072, keeping my meds the same and going back in tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are responding so well! Hope you get to trigger soon and you aren't too uncomfortable. I'm crossing my fingers that this is it for you!
    Catherine (magnolia_femme)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow @ 15-20 eggs! that is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete