Monday, October 4, 2010

First follie check!

My first of many monitoring appointments was this morning.  If you've followed my blog from the beginning, you are probably already bracing yourself for bad news, because in general, my early monitoring results tend to suck, especially my lining.  I went in prepared to find that my lining was so thin that my uterus had sealed itself shut and closed for business permanently.  Surprisingly, this time, the nurses were actually right and in 3 short days it went from 4.8 (before heavy AF) to a normal 5.8.  Lets hope that trend continues.   My right ovary didn't seem to have a whole lot going on, but I could see a few small black dots, which the nurse counted to about 5-8 follicles.  My left was doing a little better, with 8-10 follicles, the biggest 2 at 8 and 6.  No idea how good this is, but I am pretty happy with it.   So far I am feeling pretty good.  AF was a beast of course, but I have lost about 6lbs of water weight since stopping BCPs.  Have I said how much I hate those things?  The follistim pen takes a little getting used to, and the first 2 nights of stims left me with some tiny bruises, but they don't really hurt.

*******
The nurse called back, my E2 level is 182...so I get tomorrow off and go back in Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Woo fricken hoo, it's finally underway! I am sorry if I am too excited about this or anything, but I have so much hope for this to work. You have no idea.

    ReplyDelete