Monday, January 10, 2011

Trying hard to care...

about work, but I just can't.  Not long term anyway, because I won't be here.  I've been here for 7 years now and I'm just burned out.  I used to love my job, but since returning from my honeymoon 3 years ago it has just gone downhill.  We've gone through two executive directors which led to a lot of trust issues and staff turnover, and the only staff member that needs to leave is that obnoxious unprofessional bitch of a secretary (who happened to be hired while I was on said honeymoon).  So while the director situation was fixed, in general the working environment just isn't the same.

I can get through my day to day stuff and even the long term deadlines that are part of set projects, but not the office wide long term decisions.  I am in charge of the technology, including any purchases and tech improvements.  Normally I'm faced with questioning from the less technologically advanced staff, I explain my reasoning, and we move forward with my original plan.  I need to meet with our grant writer tomorrow to discuss how we should allocate our most recent grant.  I've already stated 2 months ago when we submitted the proposal how it should be done, but she wants to argue about it.  Thing is, I can't tell you what will be best within the next 5 years...or even the next 2, because I won't have any part in it and I have no clue how my replacement will run things.  I should note that by the time all this stuff is approved, ordered and installed, I'll have maybe 3 months left because nothing is ever accomplished quickly when it comes to spending large chunks of money.  I can't tell her that though, because only our current director knows of my plans to leave at the moment.  I don't feel like arguing my point anymore, I'm so ready to be done and gone from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment