Thursday, January 13, 2011

15 weeks and an u/s update

I went in for a follow up u/s today just to check everything out.  Despite telling him two days ago when our appointment was, R didn't tell me until a few hours prior that there was no way he could arrange his work schedule to make it.  If he had told me that 2 days ago, or even yesterday afternoon I would have tried to schedule it tomorrow.  I know he wanted to be there, and it really turned out to be a shame he couldn't make it, because it was much longer and more intensive than any scan I've had so far...including the NT scan.

Baby is measuring 16 weeks and the tech looked at and measured the arms, legs, head and body and then looked at the heart (all four chambers present!), pointed out the stomach, lung area, bladder, and diaphragm.  She was really good at telling me what she was doing and what we were looking at.  She even turned on the 4D feature a few times.  Very cool, but honestly I had almost no idea what I was looking at.  I did see the baby open and close its mouth several times....so adorable!  Of course I kept a sharp lookout for any sign of whether it was a boy or a girl, but there was nothing that my eyes could distinguish.  Here is the better of the 2 4D pictures...the baby's arms are bent up by the head and the legs are up but I can't tell what is between them, can you?


She asked if I wanted to know what her guess was, and it damn near killed me to say no.   I did ask if she made a note of that anywhere in my file in case R decided he wanted to know before our anatomy scan and she not normally but she'd be happy to do that.  So I have a number where we can reach her and she'll call us back.  

A couple more pictures:



SCH:
Well....I can't say if it is smaller, but at least the baby is bigger than it now.  It appears to have divided (i.e. sealed itself off) into two parts, but the tech wasn't absolutely sure if the area between the two was now normal uterine tissue or just heavily clotted over.  Anyway, the section with the more active bleed area is the part next to the baby (before it was a giant L shape, below and along the anterior wall) and that appears sealed off from the area below baby, where the current bleeding is coming from.  Just to clarify, active bleeding does not mean new blood, it just means the part that isn't clotting up.  If you click on the side shot above you can see the upper section of the bleed...there is a very thin line starting at the baby's knee/leg and going across..that is the edge of the sac and the blood is above it.  So the lower part is much more clotted, but I should still expect more bleeding.  The tech also measured the baby's fluid level (which had been a nagging concern for me) and it looks great.  So the good news is this thing isn't getting any bigger or worse, just slow to make visible improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment