Sunday, January 9, 2011

::bites tongue::

We made our announcements on facebook today.  Prior to unlocking my wall I did a little cleaning of my friends list and got rid of a couple people that had just been irritating me with their status updates for a while...and of course I made sure my one co-worker is still blocked from ever commenting on my page again (she is the one who said infertile people had lost sight of the true goal, a baby, and should remember adoption is always an option). 
Anyway, one of these people was still friends with R and of course noticed immediately she was no longer my friend and sent a request.  I accepted just not to cause problems.   Two hot seconds later she posts on my page "what a precious Gift from God".   It is all I can do not to respond back that my baby is a precious gift from science and God had nothing to do with it.   Yes, I thank God my baby is still here with me today, but if I'd left things in his hands there wouldn't be one at all right now.    I'm sure she meant well, but comments like that just piss me off.  Her religious status updates (in addition to the endless play by plays of everything little damn thing she did throughout the day) were the reason she was unfriended in the first place.  I'll give it a few weeks, then she is getting unfriended and blocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment