Monday, January 3, 2011

Announcements have begun!

I made it to a NYE party at my friend's house and was able to tell some of my closest friends.  One of my best friends wouldn't come no matter how hard we tried to get her there, so she ended up hearing the news from her sisters and I talked to her the next day.   Everyone seemed surprised, though I had been almost positive my other best friend had figured it out, but she said she hadn't (other than some speculation from everyone on if I was drinking real drinks on a trip to Atlantic City in Nov.)
I told another long time friend on Sunday, who was totally surprised, as she didn't even know we were TTC.   And I made the announcement today at work.  This was my first day back, so I was quite pleased when I walked in and discovered the one co-worker that I despise was out sick.  Score!   So I happily shared the news with the rest of the office without having to worrying about her inappropriate belly grabbing reaction. Sometime toward the end of this week we'll unlock our Facebook pages and make some type of announcement there as well.

SCH:
Still doing pretty well.  I've made it through one day of work without incident.  We will see what tonight brings.  I don't really expect to make it through this week without some sort of problem, but I'm trying to stay optimistic.  It doesn't really help that I walked back in to work to be greeted by a giant shitstorm of deadlines, which are extra frustrating to meet when you can't actually move any file boxes yourself...or even run back and forth from the printer.  I've never been one to dictate my job to other people, but I guess I'll have to learn.

2 comments: