Friday, January 21, 2011

16 weeks

It is hard to believe in just 4 weeks I will be halfway there.  Not a whole lot to report at the moment.  I think I've seen the last of my regular pants though, I tried using the bella band a friend gave me earlier this week and it just wasn't comfortable anymore (worked great last week though).  It just cut in too much at the bottom when I sat down and by the end of the day it made me feel all crampy.  So I've spent a lot of time online looking at maternity clothes, which, as I expected/heard, are expensive as hell for something you will maybe get about 2-3 months of wear out before the seasons change.  The spring/summer stuff will probably last me longer, but sweaters won't.  I think I'll take one friend's suggestion of buying some cheap non-maternity tunic sweaters from somewhere like Forever 21 (which I haven't set foot in since my college clubbing days...don't judge, I'm desperate).  Of course, that means I have to brave the mall, which I've been putting off for a while now. 
Also, in general, maternity swimsuits are the frumpiest, ugliest things I've ever seen, and I was getting really depressed until I found this website.  There are a bunch of really cute ones there, though I'm not sure how practical they all are.   I'm still just looking for now....R thinks I should wait until the end of March to buy any, because I don't know how big I'll be, but if I wait too long I won't have time to return/exchange them if they don't work. 

I started physical therapy for my back yesterday, and was quite pleased that they didn't think I'd need to see them on a continual basis.   I have a couple stretches that I can to a few times a day, and I'll go back once a week for the next two weeks and see how things are progressing.   She did tell me no more heels *cries*, so I guess I'll have to subject myself to old lady shoes until it is time for cute spring wedges/flats.

So I feel huge today...I have a feeling I'm going to carry everything out front.  Here I am at 15 weeks and yesterday at 16 weeks.  Please excuse the dry elbows and whatever that is behind my elbow at 15 weeks, I swear it isn't a giant creepy spider on the wall, but it freaked me the hell out while editing the pic.
In other exciting news, I realized yesterday that I am almost sleeping through the night now!  So I've finally hit that break period from the thousand pee trips a day.  Once we get this back pain under control I should be good to go for a while.  So nice to actually feel somewhat rested.

 

4 comments:

  1. looking good! I spent about $75-100 at Old Navy on a bunch of maternity things. i would definitely look for sales online, because their stuff is so comfortable, and it's not too expensive if you're looking at lightweight clothing for the spring. they have a 10% sale every tuesday (ebates has the code), but their things run a little big.

    ReplyDelete