Thursday, September 3, 2009

HSG - All clear!

First I would like to say that Lorazepam is my friend, if you doctor is willing to give it to you, I'd get it for this procedure. It also helped my nerves greatly.

My HSG had to be done in the radiology unit of our local hospital, so after being shuffled around and told to wait for a while we got in to a regular radiology room. I guess I expected an OB table, but no, I had slide myself up on this flat exam table (while clutching my stupid gown that only tied at the top). There was one nurse there from my RE and she explained the procedure again. Unluckily, the radiologists only had one size speculum on hand, so that was the first extra uncomfortable part. Then she inserts the catheter and holy hell could I feel that! She pauses and said as soon as the radiologist comes in we'll get started. Meanwhile I can feel the damn cath pushing on my insides. Finally the guy comes into room and we get started, I really didn't feel the dye at all (probably because of the catheter pain). I didn't have much time to really look at the screen, but they did say that both tubes were clear!

So now R and I just need to schedule an appointment with the RE to discuss all of this and where we go from here.

1 comment:

  1. At least it's over! Congrats for clear tubes, it's one less thing to have to worry about - and good luck with the RE. I hope you get proper answers and a good game plan.

    ReplyDelete