Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Had my sono

Overall it wasn't that bad, but it certainly wasn't painless either. My instructions said to take 600mg of ibuprofen and hour before, well I took 800 just in case. I saw the same u/s tech that did my initial workup, and she was really great and told me a funny story that made laugh and barely feel her inserting the catheter. What hurt the most was the saline, which caused pretty painful cramping and it still rather uncomfortable an hour later.
I am not sure which view showed what, but I think the side angle looked clear, which was great. Then she shifted the angle and the sono showed what she pointed out as batman eyes, meaning a septum. She took some pictures and said she'd have my RE look at them and decide if surgery was necessary. So now it looks like the question isn't just whether I will need surgery, but how many I will need.

3 comments:

  1. Is that the HSG? I am sorry it wasn't better results, but now you can focus on some sort of plan of action.

    Besides surgery, did they say what this will mean? Is surgery 100% necessary?

    I am sorry, I know I am nosy, but I am pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I am heading to my HSG now. The RE will let me know if surgery is necessary. The septum increase the risk for PTL or miscarriage due to constricted growing space.

    ReplyDelete