Wednesday, January 30, 2013

9 week ultrasound!

So I royally botched things this morning and we dropped C off with MIL, drove all the way to the RE, only to find out my appt was at 11:45, not 9:45.  And of course R took time off work to make it.  Luckily MIL was fine with just keeping C for the morning, so home we went and came back at 11:45.

Well, I thought my RE was pretty up date as it was, but one of their ultrasound machines died last week, so they had to replace with a brand new one.  OMG this thing was amazing!  It was literally like watching one of those 3D computer animated fetal videos on the internet.  The slightest twist of the wand and I could see all sides of my baby.  A-maz-ing.  We could see the arms and legs wiggling around and the beginnings of facial features.   We got several awesome pictures too.


 This one kind of illustrates the amazing 3Dness of the u/s...you can really see that little arm in front of the body.


 
and look at the clarity of this one....that is the umbilical cord.
 
 
and finally, a shot that shows the brain development.
 

On a whim I also asked where my placenta was located.  I don't put much of any stock into gender prediction theories, but there is one out that supposedly is fairly accurate.  Dr. Ramzi claims that the location of the placenta at 6 weeks can be used to predict gender, with left locations = girl and right = boy.  I have no clue where mine was with C other than it was posterior, but this one is high toward the top of the fundus (uterus) and to the left.   Unluckily his theory is not quite as useful after 8 weeks because the placenta shifts as the uterus grows, but we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I ran across this post searching for u/s pictures and how it pertains to the Ramzi Theory. Turns out you and i are actually due around the same time! Im due with baby #3 August 31st! I had an u/s done at 8+3 with this one and i have been searching to no avail about this theory. I see your picture and it looks alot like my baby! facing the same direction and everything. I am excited to hear what your babys gender is. I dont find out until april 2nd...seems like ages away!

    ReplyDelete