Tuesday, January 15, 2013

7 weeks!

Well, 7 weeks yesterday.  The nausea has been kicking my ass lately.  I spent most of our usual dinner time yesterday gagging at the thought of food.  It seems to be the worst in the evening now, between 4 and 7, naturally when I need to be cooking dinner.  Even if I can't eat, C and R need something and freezer meals and left overs only work for so long.   My only other symptom right now is excessive peeing.  I don't remember getting up at night so much this early before.  I think part of my problem is that I can't stomach too much water before noon, and then I start guzzling it until my evening m/s kicks in, and then I'm thirsty again later at night.  I broke out the pregnancy pillow last week though.  It was quite the effort finding a pillow that worked with it, as I don't normally sleep with 2 pillows anymore, but just the pregnancy pillow wasn't enough and my regular pillow with it was too much (same with other pillows on hand).  I actually ended up going to Joann Fabric and buying down alternative type stuffing and jamming it in a little zippered pillowcase I had.  Cheap and a good solution!

Despite feeling like crap, I started my pre-natal workout DVDs yesterday.  I am soooo not a yoga person.  I just don't have the patience to listen to someone talk about their feelings while I try to do some low energy form of exercise.  And the woman is so damn perky.  I forget which yoga one I've got, but I'll be sure to post it later.   I tried Summer Sanders workout today and it was much better....similar to stuff I was doing before, but less to little cardio, which is exactly what I need now.

I think we are going to try to tell my parents this week and then R's parents and I guess siblings too next week.  I kind of wanted to hold off on his siblings (he has 3 plus spouses/BFs) but if everyone is together we may as well just go for it.

I'm planning on having C show my parents his new book and use the shirt at R's parents.


1 comment: