Monday, January 21, 2013

8 weeks

You know that point when you can't decide if food will make you feel better or result in immediate puke?  No?  Only that one time when you were reaaaalllly drunk?   Well, that was me last night, and again this morning.  Food does help actually....for about 45 minutes and then I feel full and barfy.   It actually went away for a few days earlier this week, so much so that I was freaking out by the time I had my u/s on Thursday.  Thankfully one of my favorite nurses did this scan, so as soon as she walked in I felt better.  Everything looked good and on track, measuring 7 weeks 3 days exactly with a heart beat of 145!

 My bad feeling that something wasn't right turned out to just be slightly misplaced, and in the long run it wasn't a big deal, but the perfect plans to tell my side of the family were botched a little.  About an hour before dinner my mother called to say that she wasn't feeling great and my youngest sister was sick.  Now, my youngest is learning disabled and a chronic illness faker if there is something she doesn't want to do, so at first I was rather pissed, but supposedly she did want to come for dinner, so maybe it was some miraculous 24 hr stomach flu with no actual throwing up.   Anyway, my older sister and my father came and we decided to go forward as planned.  Of course, when C handed my sister the book she didn't really get it at first, but they were both thrilled when they caught on.  I ended up emailing my mom this picture and had her open it while I was on the phone.  She had already suspected it since I was insistent about them coming to dinner, so I didn't feel as bad doing it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment