Thursday, January 24, 2013

8 week u/s


Starting to look like a baby in there!  I had the good sense to schedule this u/s early in the morning, so no sitting around worrying.  Covered some of the usual pregnancy stuff, then did the scan.  No movement yet, but I could see that little heart beating away at 175!  The little white arrow is pointing to an arm bud...the tech showed me both the arm and leg buds, but unluckily the yolk sac is still visible and blocked a good picture shot.
 
 
Last week I set up my appts with my OB (did I already post that? I can't remember crap these days) for Feb 11th and 21st I think.  First appt is just paperwork, 2nd one is with my actual Dr. (midwife actually...I've got both the midwife I always saw pre-pregnancy for ladypart appts and the OB from my last pregnancy assigned to me this time).  So I got my medical records from the RE just in case they get lost in fax translation.  Naturally I looked through them...always a mistake.  C is here and healthy now, but random bloodwork levels were off over the past few years...indicating thrombosis at one point before my 1st IFV and rubella or lack of immunity to it last May!  The thrombosis thing must of been a fluke because it was normal in May, but I'll ask about the Rubella thing next week.  I'm not worried about it, but it goes to show non-medical people shouldn't try to read medical stuff.
 
Oh, and speaking of not being able to remember stuff...I really felt like I was losing my mind last night.  I couldn't find my car keys anywhere.  Both R and I searched the whole house, took flashlights and checked outside around my car and in it, etc.   This morning I picked up my purse to leave and they were under it....I watched R pick up my purse to check inside and I did that myself as well.  Neither of us saw them there.  WTF.   Now I'm only missing a giant bottle of Tylenol that I bought at BJs last week.  Chances are at this point that I left it in the damn cart.
 
On a much, much more somber note, I found out today that an e-friend was admitted to labor & delivery at 23 weeks and 3 days, 90% effaced with twins.  At this point they are just waiting for things to take their course and everyone is praying for a miracle for them.  If you have any spare T&Ps, please send them to these wonderful deserving people tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment