Wednesday, October 14, 2009

surgery is done!

There was some screw up with the schedule, so they called me, we rushed in and I was in surgery all within a half an hour. It was kind of a crazy rush of nurses, I saw my RE and the anesthesiologist briefly while my IV was started. I have heard mixed things, but I did walk into the OR myself (IV was only saline at this point). I remember counting back from 10 on the table and the next thing I remember was waking up and asking what happened.

Unluckily, my RE spoke to H in the waiting room without me present, so despite my written questions to ask I don't have great answers. The good news is that it wasn't as bad as they expected, so "mild" endo. I do have four incisions though. They didn't remove the cyst because according to H, it wasn't there (yeah, not sure about that one). They did remove some from my tubes and 4 spots from the outside of my uterus. Several of the frimbia (finger like thing on the end of the fallopian tubes) were fused together on my right side, so they fixed that.

The hysteroscopy did reveal that my septum was much larger than they thought. It extended 1/3 of the way into my uterine cavity but they were able to remove it.

Recovery room wasn't too bad, I woke feeling like I had bronchitis my throat was so sore. They did give me ice chips which helped a little. I am almost positive I first woke up when they were moving me from the op table to a gurney (hence my what happened questions...I was still staring at the same lights as before). My initial pain wasn't too bad but after a little while it felt like I was being stabbed...whatever the first nurse gave did jack sh!t, but the second nurse that checked on me gave something that worked. I was able to go to bathroom (with assistance, R was very good about helping change everything) and get checked out. Sadly, that is wearing off already so am going to try to take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. that's great about the endo, but WOW about the septum! I take it they corrected that?

    this is good to hear, and i hope you can start baby shopping soon.

    ReplyDelete