Friday, October 23, 2009

Post OP appointment

So it looks like R did a somewhat decent job of remembering what my RE said after surgery. I was officially diagnosed with Stage I endometriosis, although she did say it was "everywhere". I got to see pictures from the surgery, which were pretty cool since I actually got to see the endo she was talking about (looked like little blood blisters). She went over my Hysteroscopy first and said that in addition to the known septum, she also found tiny polyps at the entrance of both my tubes. These were removed and the pathology report came back as benign (glad I never knew they were even running one, less to worry about). I asked if these could be the cause for our troubles and she said they might have been contributing to it, but they would have sealed off my tubes entirely if they had continued to grow.

I did ask about the suspected endometrioma and she said it was most likely a temporary cyst that formed when blood became trapped in the corpus luteum. There was nothing externally visible during the surgery and she said they don't like to go into the ovary for something that small. She didn't seem concerned and said if it returns they will just keep an eye on it.

So on Monday we have our Clomid consult. The RE said it was up to us whether we wanted to proceed with just Clomid or move right into an IUI cycle. Since my insurance only covers one IUI cycle, we are going with Clomid first. Also on that note, R said enrollment for his insurance is Oct. 31. Fuck. I thought it was in January, which meant if we exhausted my insurance coverage, we could look into his and if need be, start injectables in the new year. Now, I'm left to either switching without it being necessary yet, or being up shit creek later. I guess the first step is finding out what his insurance does cover.

Back to the Clomid. I forgot my BCP last night, but I figured my RE would say it is ok to stop them (which she did) so now we wait for AF. I am hoping she'll arrive tomorrow, since then they could do my baseline monitoring at my consult. I did ask if she knew whether AF was generally worse after a hysto (since my post sono/HSG AF was near crippling) and she said it should be lighter since everything is already cleaned out, so that was a huge relief. Then she said post clomid AFs were generally worse, so lets hope I never have to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment