Friday, October 23, 2009

Oh shit.

I had my stitches out at my appt. , and when I was typing up my last entry, I noticed that my one incision looked odd. It looked as though the skin around it had swelled, so the actual incision seemed "sunken". Fast forward an hour or so, I looked again and the god damn thing is clearly starting to open back up! So I called my RE's office, got the after hours service, who said they send out a page to a doctor and get back to me. AHHHH! This sucks. I had arthroscopic surgery on my knee in high school and the same thing happened but the fucking thing opened all the way up. I have dealt with painful extra scar tissue ever since.

*****************

Update - the doctor did get back to me last night and said it should be fine, but if the skin became bright red, it started to hurt or if I developed a fever to call. So I stuck some butterfly bandages on it and hopefully I won't have a big scar.

No comments:

Post a Comment