Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bottoms up!


I am home from work and doing my best to down this magnesium citrate stuff. I thought it would be thick like cough syrup, but it isn't at all. It has weird sweet but bitter taste to it, and a tingly effect almost as though it was carbonated.
Anyway, I started my lovely liquid diet at noon with beef broth for lunch. (oh, and I like to give a big FU to someone in the adjoining office space on our floor....what is really necessary to ensure the whole floor smelled like cheeseburgers and french fries? did you run around and wave it in circles...because that is what is smelled like.) I am not hungry, but all I can think about is food.
So....surgery tomorrow at 2:30. At this point I have to be there at 1:30, they will call if prior surgeries move faster and mine gets bumped up. I'm not nervous yet, thanks to the wealth of info I've found through blogs and the web, I think I am pretty well prepared. I have:
-popsicles and Italian ice in the freezer in case of sore throat from intubation
-super comfy pants (these ones from Old Navy are fabulous)
-a book to read in case I need to something do while I wait to go in
-various movies scouted out on On Demand
-USB keyboard and mouse so I can blog and post comfortably without lifting my clunky laptop
-some relatively mindless work that can be done remotely if I get too bored before being fully ready to go into the office
And now I'm off to make R a cheat sheet with questions to ask the RE post surgery in case I am not fully cognisant at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment