Monday, October 26, 2009

AF is here.

Naturally she arrived in the middle of the 1.5 hr church service we had to attend for R's nephew's baptism yesterday. I was prepared, but not for a service that long. I finally had to just get up and leave 10 minutes before it was over and make a mad dash for ladies room. Lets just say the RE was very, very wrong about it being lighter. The good news is I had no cramps or pain.

My Clomid consult was this morning. Most of it covered stuff I already knew. I will be starting out on 50mg of Clomid cd5-9 and my first monitoring appointment with be on 11/3, which will be cd10. I had my baseline b/w and ultrasound to today, and it really hit me that I'm about to become a human pin cushion for all this. If I'm lucky I won't need back to back b/w for monitoring, but it is possible depending on what they see/how I progress. I have tiny veins and even with switching arms, I don't see this working well.

So once they have decent sized dominant follicles, I will give myself an injection, Ovidrel, that will trigger ovulation within the next 24-36 hours. After ovulation I will be taking progesterone suppositories twice a day and will need to do this all the way through my 1st trimester. That part I was not expecting. Yuck.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how you lose all privacy also, and you can probably start takingyour own blood at this point?


    The Endometrin isn't bad at all, by the way. I barely notice it until it dissolves, and it never causes me any grief or discomfort. I have no idea how long I have to use them for, but I am not complaining. It's the least invasive of everything else going on!

    ReplyDelete