Thursday, July 4, 2013

31 weeks and triage AGAIN

And I was about to write up a post saying I feel like I make the same updates every week.  Thank you body, but I'd prefer that over something new to report.   Yesterday morning was my MFM appt and I had a contraction before even getting there at 8am.   Since I'm beyond 30 weeks I won't check any more cervical length checks, but when it comes down to it, things can change pretty fast.    Baby looked great and is estimated to be about 4lbs12oz!!   So still 2 weeks ahead, but the tech said she wasn't so big they'd consider her outside the normal range.     The sporadic contractions continued throughout the day, but that has been pretty normal lately so I tried not to worry about it.   Damned if the stupid things didn't ramp the hell up as soon as it was after hours.   Between 6pm and 7pm I easily had 20.   These were also more painful and just felt different than the past 2 times, so I was more nervous this was it.   Thankfully it wasn't and the trip was more or less a repeat of the 2 times before, but I did get an IV for fluids and based on partial urine results a UTI was the culprit.   I started antibiotics since the holiday means I won't know results for a few days, but I've had about 13 contractions over the course of the day so I hope they help soon.     The fFN was once again negative, so at least I know I've got less than 1% chance of delivering in the next two weeks, but it is hard to believe with all the discomfort and pressure I've been feeling.  My guess would be I'm starting to have some shortening at this point.



No comments:

Post a Comment