Tuesday, June 25, 2013

30 weeks!

In the 30s finally!  A few more weeks and I'll be in the late term preemie window if this little gal shows up early.   Not that any preemie is something to be excited about, but 34 weeks over 24 weeks would still be something to celebrate if you ask me.

Everything still looked good at the MFM last week, so I am back to just restricted activity thankfully, which in all honesty, probably isn't that much more restrictive than normal pregnancy is this time of year.  I'm not exercising or lifting heavy things and I'm on pelvic rest....everything else is "as tolerated".    So really, I just do small doses of things here and there.   I don't in any way feel ready for a newborn.....I feel like our house is a disaster and I've got no room for anything, but it is coming together.   I keep reminding myself that she isn't going to come out crawling, so the 40 million puzzle pieces, alphabet letters, etc that are continually spread around the downstairs aren't a critical concern at the moment.    Figuring out whether or not we can fit an infant seat and the Britax in the back of my Jetta, however, is....we need to get on that.   I did call the store I ordered my breast pump from, and they were really cool about contacting my insurance for me and filling the order early since I'm high risk for PTL.   So my pump arrived a few days ago....one thing checked off.

C's big boy room is almost complete.   I need to finish sewing the curtains and I'd like to get her curtains ironed and measured out/cut before we move him in there (because right now it is the best work space that is easily closed off from little hands) but we are in the final stages.  Hopefully the transition goes smoothly sleep wise.   Once all his stuff is moved over, then I'll really get down to organizing her stuff in the nursery.

After going back and forth for months on whether or not I would buy a double stroller new or try to find one used, it finally occurred to me that I could use registry completion discounts on one.   So I made more or less identical registries at Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us.  BRU's website says no exclusions, but fine print says special orders are excluded, so I'm not sure if they'd try to call an online only stroller special order or not.  If that fails, Buy Buy Baby will be my back up option.

And I suppose at some point here I should think about packing a hospital bag.  I wasn't prepared with C, but 40 hrs of labor gave us plenty of time to get cameras, clothes, etc in order.  It is highly possible this one could come much faster....so yeah, my to do list isn't getting shorter yet!

For some reason it looks like my bump shrunk from 29 weeks to week 30.  Oh well.


3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how quickly your pregnancy has gone (for me anyway)!
    For C's room, what kind of bed are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twin bed ((gulp)). We do have a hand me down drop side crib in the garage just in case, but hopefully he'll stay in the twin.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete