Friday, November 12, 2010

We have a heartbeat!!

Yesterday was my 6 week u/s and it was what I hoped for.  As soon as the nurse started the scan, this tiny little blob popped up and started flashing away.  It was the most beautiful sight and I fully admit to getting all teary eyed.  I'm still waiting on R to use his home office scanner on the actual u/s printout, but here is a lesser quality pic I took with my camera.

















The heart was beating at 89bpm, which the nurse said was great for this early, and I'm measuring 6weeks 1 day, so a day ahead!   I feel like I can finally relax for a bit.  After the appointment I went and bought 2 pregnancy books.  Not sure how much I can get out of them at this point.  One has suggested exercises for each week, which I can't do because I'm still on limited activity and pelvic rest.  I think the most useful parts at this point are the developmental descriptions.  Right now eyelids are starting to form and the hand plates are beginning to form.

7 comments:

  1. yay! Such wonderful wonderful news! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands! Your little one's hands are forming! I am getting teary eyed! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::claps hands:: I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very happy for you! (formerly Mrs.Jacks)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a heartbeat!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete