Friday, November 19, 2010

7 week u/s

It went great!  I had been worried because everything I've read says the heartbeat should be between 90-120 at 6 weeks, so we were on the low end at 89.   Today it was up to 138!!  It was amazing to see how much growth there was is just one week.  You still can't see a whole lot (the round blob at the upper end is the yolk sac), and naturally the scanner at work is total crap so all I've got right now is a hurried picture taken at my desk before anyone noticed.  I will replace this with a better scan tonight.



Our baby is up to 1cm.  The nurse said the head of the baby is up next to the yolk sac  and that tiny little thing sticking out at the bottom is a leg bud starting to form!  All in all it was a great appointment and I feel like I can really relax now...at least for a few days.  Our next u/s will be next Wednesday.

On to other things.  I still haven't had many symptoms.  My back has been bothering me the past few days.  I've always had issues with back pain...hopefully this won't get too bad.  I really don't want to have to go back to acupuncture.   Morning sickness has been threatening to appear.  I drove to my appointment with a plastic bag in my lap today.  Apparently eggs for breakfast and then getting right in the car aren't a good combo right now.   My PIO shots started really hurting earlier this week, so last night I did it myself in an area we don't use as much and it was fine, so we are going to have to be more careful to vary injection sites.




5 comments: