Friday, November 26, 2010

8 weeks

A few days late posting u/s pics, but I've been exhausted, and holidays don't help.  Thanksgiving went fine.  We managed to keep any suspicions to a minimum at the in laws by drinking non-alcoholic wine decanted into a real wine bottle.  Not very good...tasted like sour apple juice, but it did the trick.  Of course, not knowing I was pregnant, MIL happily puffed away on 3 cigarettes in the 3.5 hours we were there...one of which she smoked within 10 feet of SIL's sleeping 4 month old.  WTF at all them.  That shit will not fly when it is my baby, I don't care if it is her house.

Before heading to the in laws, we spent some time with my family and I was able to tell my sister, which was awesome.  She was the first person we told that was completely surprised, so she jumped and gave me giant hug.

By 6pm I was done and nausea was threatening to turn worse.  I still have not been sick, but I've had a few close calls, usually triggered by smell.  After coming home to feed the pets and do my PIO shot, we headed back out to say hello to R's best friend and his wife since they were visiting family from out of town.  On the drive there I had my first round of serious nausea that came from no where.  I made it through the evening without any disasters though.

On Wednesday we had our 8 week u/s and the baby looks great but the appointment was nothing fabulous.  We had the nurse that I've previously referred to as dead fish nurse, because she has no personality at all.  Oddly enough, she was the nicest she's ever been, but when she left, R said he didn't like her, so I filled him in on my nickname for her.   Tuesday night I had a little light spotting that I'd attributed to a "sleep-gasm" as I've heard them called, the night before.  Everything looked good during the scan, with the heartbeat up to 169, so hopefully I won't have any more issues like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment