Saturday, January 9, 2010

Round 2 complete.

I had the second of my IUIs this morning, which did not go so smoothly as yesterday's. The actually IUI wasn't horrible, except I got dead fish nurse and she inserted the speculum all wrong and scraped the hell out of my insides, and then wasn't so good with the catheter so it felt like a bad pap. Rs count was 33mil, which is expected with b2b IUIs and his motility was 85%...another huge jump from the original SA of 53%.

The bad part was the wait. When R dropped his sample off at 7:30 they were already running 10 minutes behind....to unlock the doors. We were asked Friday to come in early today because there were 4 IUIs all scheduled about the same time. So when we went back at 8:30 the waiting room was already full. Some of them were just there for monitoring (did I tell you that I got a different colored folder yesterday? Normally they hand me my appt file in a red folder, but yesterday I got yellow, so now I know what other people are there for just by looking at their folder). Well...after sitting there about an hour we see several nurses rushing around getting water. One nurse said someone passed out. I assumed some girl got lightheaded during bloodwork. Nope, when we finally went back the nurse said someones husband passed out during the monitoring u/s. Ugh...lightweight...he'll do real well in the delivery room.

So after each IUI I had to lie on the table for about 10 minutes. Apparently DH hit his max for patience after yesterday's 10 minutes, so he spent today's opening all the cupboards and poking around in whatever he could find. And of course he found the dildo cam's condom box, took one out, put it on his finger, held his hand in front of his pants and starting dancing. I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks.

1 comment: