Friday, January 8, 2010

First IUI is complete

We had the first of our b2b IUIs this morning and it went much more smoothly than I expected. I barely felt a thing, and I was bracing myself for it to be something like my sono or HSG, so that was a pleasant surprise. R's sperm count was 74million, which is awesome considering his count from his SA in Sept. was 34mil.

I didn't do my super thorough research beforehand, so I expected they would do an ultrasound to check things out one more time, but nope...they were in and out in a matter of minutes.

I also thought I'd be more nervous beforehand, but I was fine. Last night before bed I felt that same sense of calm peace that I had the night before my wedding; that I'd done all I could up to that point and everything would be fine. The difference, of course, being that I loved planning my wedding and I was calm because I knew for a fact I would end up with the desired result. I have not enjoyed sticking myself with needles, so maybe that was just my body's relief that it will get a break for hopefully a very long time.

2 comments:

  1. I am praying that this is it for you! I'm glad to here the process was better than you expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am rooting for you all the way! Thoughts and prayers this is it!

    ReplyDelete