Wednesday, December 30, 2009

On a more positive note...

I've had my cd3 baseline and my first monitoring appt. (a bit of WTFness in there that I'll get to in a bit) and my lining went from 2.8 to a 7 in only 3 days! This wonderful news because it means I can ditch the calorie packed nastiness that is %100 pomegranate juice. I had a number of antral follies on cd3 and I had few 7-8mm on cd6 but nothing dominant yet. I will go in tomorrow for my next appointment.

So on to the WTF part. If anyone has been super attentive to my TTC timeline and my protocol for this cycle, you probably noticed it has changed several times. Originally the RN told me they'd put me on Follistim. Ok, no surprise, I've heard of it and that is what I figured I'd be on. Cd1 I call and they've talked to my insurance/pharmacy and they only cover Gonal-F. Still no big deal, if it saves me a ton and works just as well, fine by me. Then we get to cd3 baseline, where I saw one of the 4 REs in the practice (but not mine since she's still on vacation) and he asks if I'm comfortable with my meds. I say yes but I don't know when to take it and I don't have it yet. Um....yeah...someone forgot to order it. So they fumble around and come up with enough samples of Bravelle to cover me for this cycle. Thank god I took one Bravelle booster shot and an injectables consult last cycle because otherwise I would have felt totally lost only having an internet video as a guide.

My appointment yesterday was with my RE and she was able to answer a few of R's questions about our chances (he likes statistics). The last week or so I've been telling him we are moving to IUI this cycle (and asked him repeatedly if he felt ready for it)....well, after our appt. he goes "so what do you mean 'insemination'..I have to put my boys in a cup again?" Sigh. Yes, sweetheart...that is what I've been saying all along. Denial is a powerful thing. Of course I reitterated that we could just do TI if he wasn't ready, but he said whatever will give us our best chance.

2 comments:

  1. Wooohooo for putting "the boys" in a cup!! I giggle both time DH walked in to the office with the "deposit". I tried to just giggle in my head, but it didnt work that way... I need a sense of humor about this stuff right??
    Good luck hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, DH was so embarassed to pissibly have to do this again (since he had to do this for the testing). but you know, i stopped feeling badly when i realized all of the testing i have to go through. i am considering going this route this cycle, but we'll see. i want to wish you LUCK! man, i wish i were closer to you so i had someone IRL to talk to about all of this crap!

    ReplyDelete