Friday, June 14, 2013

28 weeks and triage again

If I'd made this post on Monday when I should have, it would have gone in an entirely different direction, because I was really starting to feel more confident that my last triage visit was just a fluke and things were getting back to normal.   I don't think anything I did resulted in this trip, as I was still taking it easy, but Wednesday night I had a lot of contractions show up out of nowhere.  The 7 I timed within a 30 minute period were 3-4min apart and about 40 seconds long.  They weren't very strong, in fact I missed the first 3 or so because I thought she was just shifting around, but after seeing the spacing on my app, I knew I had to call and in to triage I went.   Just like last time they couldn't find a reason for them, but she is head down again, so I do wonder if major position changes just irritate things.  I was in there about 4 hrs, contracting the whole time, but the docs didn't seem as concerned this time.  Most were still pretty small, but I did have a few that registered around an 8 (1-12 scale) that I had to breathe through.   The only super scary point came after about an hour of monitoring, when her heart rate deceled to about 109 during a contraction.   I was *thisclose* to pushing the call button and freaking out when she started kicking the heck out of the monitors and they both went all over the place, so despite being able to hear the HB clearly, I think the angle she was in just made the readout wrong.

So I was discharged with threatened PTL again and put on modified bedrest for about a week until my appt next Wednesday.   I only had 4-5 contractions yesterday and no timeable ones so far today.   The fFN was negative again, so my chances of seeing 30 weeks at least are pretty good.   I have a feeling this will just be a cycle we go through until her weight reaches a point where contractions actually cause dilation. I said, prior to all this things were looking up.   C's big boy room is almost done.  I bit the bullet and started sewing his curtains.  Very daunting to start, but actually each step was easier than it looked.   I got the two panels completed, now I have the valances and the tie backs left, then it is on to her curtains. 

 I finally got my Adobe Creative Suite transferred over to my current laptop.  That seriously took almost a whole day of trying various forms of installation and serial numbers (because it was a downloaded upgrade and my legit numbers are now too old to work).  Thank goodness I registered my stuff because they do have it still available for download on the website, no thanks to the near illiterate customer service.   So I've been to mess around with some ideas for decorating her name letters.  I was going to use the same stripes and polka dots I used on Colton's, but I might go full out crazy and try my hand at a damask pattern that matches the crib blanket.

Here is the nursery currently:
So wall color, furniture, and most bedding is staying the same.  Not sure about the picture, since it was a gift for C, but probably won't go in his new room.   Her letters will hopefully go right in the existing holes (or at least cover them) and I want to add paint chip chandeliers on either side (search Pinterest if you have no clue what I'm talking about).   I've got the material for her curtains, which will be pink, as will be her name letters and I've got some ideas for sprucing up that crappy lamp shade.   I know.....a lot to do when I can do very little at the moment but in the end, this time the needed stuff is all there so I will just do what I can, when I can.   I have a list of non-baby/kid things I wanted to have accomplished by now too....such as the one plantless planter outside our front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment