Friday, March 5, 2010

RE/IVF consult

We went over everything and if I chose to do IVF now I would start BCPs in mid-April and begin cycling May 7. Our success rates would be 55-60% with a single embryo transfer. I am a great candidate for the egg freezing study and I'd get the cycle at half price. Any subsequents FETs would be included in that cost. That is pretty much where the good new stops.

Here is the cost breakdown for the half-price IVF (full price is 11, 550.oo)
IVF cycle (including consults, monitoring, retrieval, transfer, etc) = $5, 775
Anesthesia = $650
Semen freeze (for emergency backup) = $275
Meds = $4, 500 -7,500

The meds part was what we were not expecting. I had been under the impression that my insurance would cover at least some of it, but that is very unlikely. There is a chance that R's insurance has IVF coverage, but we aren't sure how much or when I could get on his plan since open enrollment is normally in October. So he is going to try to get exact answers in the next two weeks.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! (I deleted my previoud comments because I had not read your entire post when I replied.) I have a feeling it will all work for you guys. Hopefully you can drop your current insurance and just geton his even outside of the enrollment period. Does this offer expire just in case you may end up waiting until enrollment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is only offered to OOP patients (which is fair). So if we only get 10K of coverage the OOP offer may be better deal since all FETs are included and coverage wouldn't be enough for even a full cycle.

    ReplyDelete