Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Moving to IVF.

IUI #2 was officially a BFN yesterday, but the nurse mentioned an opportunity for us to do an IVF cycle at a reduced rate. Our RE's practice is starting to offer a new service involving egg freezing. From what I understand at this point, they are doing multiple trial runs with IVFers so the staff can get really comfortable with the process before offering it to everyone. I would have a normal IVF cycle, but they would freeze my eggs for a short time after retrieval, then thaw them and continue as normal with fertilization and transfer. We'd be getting IVF for half the normal cost and the nurse said they've already had a few successes. If it, or any resulting FETs (frozen embryo transfer) didn't result in a BFP, we'd get another IVF cycle at no cost. This is a wonderful chance for us because we will be totally OOP for IVF and R wasn't ready to spend that much money for a few more years. I have an appt. with my RE next Thursday and I'll find out more then.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your BFN. I wish you the best of luck with your IVF!!!!! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty exciting news, and I cannot wait for the update after next thursday.

    ReplyDelete