Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dreams, snow, and a new house.

Please excuse this jumble of an entry, but we closed on our new house Friday and we've been working non-stop since then removing wallpaper and carpets, cleaning and priming, painting, etc. So far the new carpets are wonderful and the first coat of paint in the kitchen looks exactly as I imagined.

One saving grace, yet also a curse in our moving madness has been this record breaking snowfall. The last day I went in to the office was Tuesday. We had about 3.5 feet on the ground by Thursday and it hasn't improved a whole lot since then. Thankfully R had a friend with a plow to help clear out the driveway for the new house because it was beyond what my parent's snow blower could handle. The good part is I've had plenty of time to get some extra packing and organizing in.

The other gift Wednesday brought was a horrid cold. I have been sneezing and blowing my nose non-stop. Last night I barely slept because I couldn't breath through my nose and my throat was painfully dry. I drank 3 glasses of water during the night. Also, while I've been working on the house I have to make sure I take bathroom breaks as soon as I might need one, because a couple of times I've sneezed so hard I peed a little. That isn't supposed to happen when you aren't well into a pregnancy.

So onto my dreams. Two nights ago I had a dream in which I had a bad throbbing pain in my uterus. I can't remember what the dream was about, but I woke up just remembering the pain/cramps. So I got up and got ready to head over to the new house and I had the same pain. The closest thing I can compare it to is a cross between that dull ache of a UTI and ovulation pain, but dead center in my lower abs. This happened several times throughout the day, so I know that my "dream" pain was most likely my mind's compensation for the rest of my body being too exhausted to wake up. Last night I dreamt I was pregnant to the point that I could feel and see the baby move. I was at a hospital or dr. office and was told I was still too early to be ready for delivery but the baby was starting to move into position. It felt so real. It is amazing what the subconscious can create without any firsthand experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment