Sunday, February 21, 2010

14dpiui and a BFN

I discovered the cheapie HPTs I bought on ebay were total crap when I got a nice evap line on cd5, but since I had them I figured I'd just look for a definite positive so I've been POAS since...um....Tuesday? I've gotten some blanks, a few odd smudges, and an evap line or two, but nothing that would prompt me to haul out the big guns and use a FRER. My beta is tomorrow and I'm sure I'll be a mess when that phone call comes in, but right now it just is what it is. The hardest part was convincing myself to really let go this past week and commit to taking a break(natural) cycle for march. I really need to lose some weight and I'll never get there unless I can jumpstart it with a fairly intense workout without the fear of losing an ovary. We will try one or two more IUIs this spring and then I think we are on a long break for the summer. I've heard you shouldn't put your life on hold for TTC and I'm beginning to feel that we are. I may change my mind, but right now the thought of a bathing suit and endometrin doesn't sound so fun. R said the other day that he doesn't think we are ready for IVF for a few more years....I was thinking next fall. So I think that taking the summer off, without the meds and the monitoring will help me get back to really being me. And on that note, I think many of next month's posts will be about our new house and our journey toward organization after moving. A break is a break, right?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, dear. TTC is so consumming. A break would be a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete