Thursday, August 13, 2009

RE appt. tomorrow

Today is my first day back to work after a nice vacation, and surprisingly, I am sitting here with very little to do (I seriously wondered if our office was closed and no one told me because I was the only one here for the first 15 minutes).
R and I filled out the paperwork for my appointment last night. I had to laugh when the second question on the genetics page was "Are you related - other than through marriage?" Um....No!

I will say that between our two family histories, what a mess we look like on paper. Cancer? Check. Diabetes? Check. Siezures? Check. Down Syndrome? Check. You get the idea. At this time we agreed that we are not going to request genetic testing, but looking at the sheet of checks, I won't be surprised if they recommend it.

I am not nervous at this point, I imagine the doc. will just go over paperwork and get us set up for S.A. and initial bloodwork. The S.A. results are what I fear the most. I have been preparing myself for problems TTC since I had all that irregular bleeding and pain the summer we were married, while still on depo. (OB said it was "wedding stress".....idiot) If something is wrong with me, I believe I can take it in stride. If R's S.A. doesn't come back normal, I fear it will be a huge crushing blow for him. I am trying not to worry about it until we actually reach that point, but we all know that it never as easy to actually do.

In other TTC news, I came back from vacation to a positive OPK! A huge thank you to Wifezzilla for sending me her extra OPKs. You are awesome, good luck with the CBEFM!
Fingers crossed that I will be in the 2 week wait by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment