Thursday, August 20, 2009

2nd RE visit - u/s and b/w

Today I went back for my physical and ultrasound. At first it was pretty cool, as this was the first time I had an u/s and been able to see the screen. I asked the nurse if she could tell if I had ovulated yet, and she said she was pretty sure I had., and when she moved over to my right ovary she said it looked as though I ovulated from both sides (woot!). Then she went back to my left ovary and got a different angle, started measuring things, and asked if I had painful cycles. She said she may have been wrong about ovulation (on the left) and that it looked like I had something on my ovary and it wasn't getting any blood flow, most likely endiometrial tissue. She entered a few things on the machine and I watched as ENDOMETRIOMA appeared in big ugly yellow letters across the top of the screen.

I met with another nurse to discuss pre-natal bloodwork and go over the sono and the HSG again. She also "oh, I see they have you down for surgery as well" What?! I guess my RE went ahead and penciled that on my chart due to her concern that I probably have endometriosis, and the nurse explained that the final decision would be made when I met with the RE after the HSG and sono. So now we wait to see where this cycles takes me.

1 comment:

  1. i'm waiting right along with you, it seems.

    woo fricken hoo.

    ReplyDelete