Tuesday, December 21, 2010

jinxed myself...here we go again.

Last night I had several little bleeds, then woke up around 1am feeling pretty awful.  I had abdominal pains that were partially gas but also something else.  I tried sleeping in different positions, but finally I felt a centralized burning pressure and I could feel the next bleed starting.  This time I passed another very large clot, about the same size as the very first one.  I woke up R and called the on call doctor at my OB to see what she recommended doing.  I still felt pretty uncomfortable, but there was no obvious cramping and the bleeding didn't seem to be getting any worse than light flow so we decided I should lay back down with my feet up and try to wait it out until morning.  Meanwhile, I'd also had a bad headache for the better part of the previous 12 hours, so sleep was alluding me on all levels.   Over an hour later, the doctor finally called me back and agreed with our decision to wait until morning.  I was not nearly as freaked out as the first time, the ER doc. had said there was another large clot in there...he just thought it was unlikely I'd pass it.

So I did get some sleep and called my RE first thing in the morning.  We went in around 9 and the baby still looks great.  The hematoma looked like a gigantic mess to me but the nurse assured me it hadn't gotten any worse and it was mostly clotted over, which is good news.  I still have a ways to go though, and I will probably continue to have bleeding for the next few weeks so I am still on bedrest somewhat.  I still have a lot of abdominal pressure, but some, if not most of that is because my uterus has started to flip up out of my pelvis, so I should be starting a real bump sometime soon.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to see the babe again and know s/he is doing great. I hope all the bleeding ends soon, I can't imagine how stressful this must be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about you and your little baby every day. I pray for you too. I also hope this bleeding will be over soon, sol you can enjoy your pregnancy without the worry hanging over you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad the baby is doing ok! I have been bleeding since 6 weeks, these things are so stressfull, but totally woth it when you see the little jellybean on the screen with a beating heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad everything is ok with you and the baby. I stalk your blog everyday to see how you're doing. :)

    ReplyDelete