Friday, December 10, 2010

10 weeks

I've made it to double digits!!  Even this far it sometimes doesn't seem real.  I'm so grateful to have made it a quarter of the way through.  Part of me worries that I'm spending too much time looking ahead to the next week, praying I'll make it, rather than enjoying the present.  I'm hoping once I hit 2nd tri I'll really be able to relax.  I don't want this whole pregnancy to pass me by and realize I just wished the time away and rushed through it.  It sometimes feels like a race, and if I slow down, stop, or heaven forbid, fall....I will get left in the dust and never make it back on my feet.   I'm trying to focus on more personal happy points in our pregnancy, rather than just medical milestones...so week 12 is when we will be telling R's family, and the start of 2nd tri is when we will be telling all my friends (hopefully they will all make it to the New Year's Eve party).

We had our first monthly appt. with my OB.  As much as infertility sucks, I am spoiled rotten with my RE's ultrasounds.  The OB brought in a little portable one and did an abdominal scan....I could hardly see the baby!  It didn't help that the little guy was bouncing all over the place and trying to escape the wand, but I can't imagine my only picture being this blurry indistinguishable blob.  I'm guessing if I had been a regular patient they would of had a better machine, but maybe not.   I also was able to find the heartbeat on our home doppler last night.  I feel a little guilty because R wasn't there, but I didn't think I'd have success either.  It was very cool to hear.

5 comments: