Monday, September 13, 2010

the pharmacy called!!

As in, the big fancy pharmacy that handles my IVF medications!!   They wanted to set up a shipment date, but since my first IVF consult is this afternoon, I will call them back once I have my IVF calendar, because the low dose HCG is only good for 30 days.   So, I now know that I will be taking Ganirelix, Follistim and HCG as part of my protocol.  And of course I asked how much this order was depleting my lifetime max of 10K...the Follistim alone is about 5K.  Luckily I had a friend give me two unused cartridges of 600IU Follistim, so once the RE adjusts the order that should knock off about 2,500.  I am way more excited about this than I should be, but everything is really coming together!

5 comments:

  1. Will you be using PIO injections after the IVF? If so, email me at mariellenatera@hotmail.com and I will be happy to donate the 2 bottles (one of them is not full all the way) and unopened needles that I have left over. Either way, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that savings for the follistim sounds great. i have a huge supplu of prometrium i can absolutely spare if necessary. i think i had a 30 day supply, and i have 25 days left in the script. let me know. it's from mid-july.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IVF started feeling real when I received my shippment of drugs and sharps! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! I wish you TONS of luck that this IVF will work for you and R. :D

    ReplyDelete