Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mock transfer complete.

It wasn't as bad as I expected.  The worst part was, of course, the full bladder.  My appointment was at 10:15, so I started drinking water at 9am.  I was supposed to drink a total of 32oz., so I drank 16oz at home between 9 and 9:45, then took a water bottle with me and drank about 10oz of that...which, according to the nurse, was perfect.   My timing was pretty good too, because it didn't really hurt until I got to the office, so I was only uncomfortable for about 20 minutes or so.  The procedure itself was only a few minutes, but there was a minute or so in the beginning where all I could think of was R's joke at our consult about me peeing on the nurse, because let me tell you...when you have a full bladder, an ultrasound wand pushing on your abdomen, a speculum and a catheter between your legs, it becomes a frightening possibility.  I managed to hold it together and focus on the u/s screen, where I could actually see the catheter going in.  The next time I see that, it will be transferring our embryo!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to see your embryos when you transfer. If *I* am excited, I can;t even imagine how out-of-your-minds excited you and R are right now. This is so exciting. I wish I lived close to you so I can bring you cake and presents.

    ReplyDelete