Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Made it through a baby shower.

SIL's shower was Sunday, and I am proud to say I made it through the whole day without crying.  I teared up a little on the way home, because SIL actually asked how I was feeling when I said goodbye.  None of R's family has asked anything that truly meant they wanted to know how am I really doing, so I was surprised it would be her...the one who became pregnant so easily.  She told me to call and chat if I needed to, which I would have no idea how to do right now, but it was a sweet gesture.

I think I am beginning to feel more comfortable with being open about our infertility and loss.  We found out recently that 2 couples we know went through treatment and IVF at our clinic.  One now has a little girl and the other is about 11 weeks pregnant after a Lap, 2 failed IUIs and IVF because of Stage IV endo.  I am not super close to either of them, but I feel like if I had spoken up about our troubles, learning about theirs would have helped me feel not so alone IRL (months ago that is, I am in a pretty good place right now).

2 comments:

  1. i feel like i can relate to this so much, even though we're going through different experiences. my SIL asked me how i was recently also , and i realized that she's such a good person. she asked if i was having any trouble dealing with my sister's pregnancy. it caught me off guard - i am not sure if she asked because she went through a loss recently and knows what i feel like, or if she asked because she's a considerate and caring person. so yeah, i think i was able to open up just a little with her. it was refreshing.

    anyway, enough about me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you. My husband and I went through similar experiences. It was a rollercoaster (to say the least) getting our children here. Sending you happy thoughts. Hang in there.
    oxoxox
    Denalee

    ReplyDelete