Monday, April 19, 2010

Follow up with RE

Last Thursday we met with our RE to discuss where to go from here. It went pretty well and I only started to tear up once when she said there was nothing we could have done to prevent the loss and that it wasn't my fault. She did say that it is fine to try naturally and re-evaluate IVF in the fall. Since I had extreme pain with my endo, we can use that as a gauge to see if it is returning, rather than doing a Lap just because. It was also the first time I think we got a number for our natural chances of conceiving....5%. That was a bit of a blow but I am still hopeful we can do this on our own.
We talked about the genetic factors involved with losses and she said usually they will start testing after 2 losses, but she did have us get tested for translocation issues because that would be useful to know before IVF anyway.
I asked about low progesterone causing the chemical pregnancy and she said that is controversial right now, because they can't prove if the progesterone causes the chromosomal problems, or if the chromosomal problems cause low progesterone. She did say it was fine for me to take my Endometrin in the 2ww on the natural cycles.

So we are giving this natural thing a few more chances. Not too much else to report at the moment. I'm sort of charting but I haven't had even AF level bleeding yet, so I don't know where exactly in my cycle I am. Hopefully my beta will be 0 on Wednesday. It was down to 37 last week.

1 comment:

  1. you ought to ovulate about a day or two after your beta reaches zero. i stopped going for bloodwork when my beta reached 6, and within a few days i had ovulated so i knew i was at zero.

    ReplyDelete