Sunday, August 5, 2012

We meet again, old friend.

Ah....injections.  Once again I've come to that point in my life where I never thought I'd be saying, if we are lucky I'll be doing some type of shot for the next 3-4 months!   Yeah....

So I did my first Lupron shot tonight and the shot part was easy.  Shortly after it kind of felt like that ab muscle had been kicked, and by the time I'd gotten halfway through bedtime with C, it was burning and itching like a bee sting.  Awesome.   A half hour later it was no better, and even now (an hour later) the injection site is much warmer than the other side of my stomach.  Dr. google says it is normal and will go away after a few days....I'm a little leery because last week a damn deer fly bit me and the localized reaction on my hand was so bad I had to take off my wedding rings and my knuckles disappeared for 3 days.  At least the itching seems to be gone.   Now to await the other side effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment